So, yesterday was the final day of installation, and the piece does look nice, now that it's finally in place. It was a little weird, getting it all wrapped up like that, but there it is.
I still have a few small kinks to work out, though. I made wooden pins to hold the bifold doors in the track, and they're a bit undersized, so the doors rattle a little bit, which is a drag. And I need to patch up the crapet around the base of the thing. Some of it was cut by me, some of it was cut around the old built in. It's a minor detail, but it's still something to attend to.
Then last night I got an email. They love it, it's beautiful, but they want to make some minor (well, I hope they're minor) adjstments. Apprently the drawers can't open when the closet doors are open, and while the original idea was to get enough vertical room for two tiers of clothes, the pitched ceiling means that the clothes are too close to the door.
So, it's gone from done, to almost done. More when it's really done...
Window to my workshop 111
5 hours ago