Monday, October 24, 2011

First Show!

So, this past weekend, I teamed up with my shop mate Chris and participated in my first furniture show as an independent furniture builder. The show went well, and among other things, I was approached to take part in another show somewhere else in March. I'll get going on that process pretty soon.
The shelf clock has officially made its debut in the world. It was pretty popular. I'm very happy about this. The slab tables also got a lot of attention.

All of that aside, I can feel myself turning a corner on the promotions side of things. Generally, I'm not into self-promotion, but I have to admit that the process of getting out in front of people was really enjoyable. It's going to be a learning process, but I did have fun.

2 comments:

Chris Schwarz said...

James,

Congrats on the show. The clock looks great, by the way.

JW said...

Thanks Chris... Thank you very much.